Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Why I, as a woman, like the Three Stooges

OK, so the movie is out and it's doing so-so, which was probably to be expected.

Rotten Tomatoes now shows it at 44% positive, down from 50% last week. 

But you know what? So what?!? One of my all-time favorites, the 1980 version of "Popeye", only scores 57%, and I don't care - I still love it and can sing every song from the Harry Nillson score at the slightest provocation.

He needs me he needs me, he needs me he needs me,
he needs me he needs meeeeeeee!!!

So if you've seen the Stooges movie and you love it, great! Humor is totally subjective anyway. What makes one person laugh may make another person puke their guts out.

Which is EXACTLY what happened when I saw this one, in 1981:

Yukko! Just SEEING that reminds me of the taste of stale movie theater popcorn rising up out of my sensitive tummy, in reaction to the first half-hour's HORRIBLY UNFUNNY jokes! And I'm not the only one who felt that way!

But ... dang ... it got 4 stars on Amazon; it's been issued on DVD; and there's even (gulp!) a sequel!

God help us all ...

No comments:

Post a Comment